Tuesday 8 July 2014

Gods Window

On occasion of our family vacation and tour through the Mpumalanga escarpment in the South African Low-veld, Abba Abba spoke to me during a conversation I had with someone.

What happened?

I recalled Abba saying that our useless, mournful feasts were turned into feasts of joy by and in Jesus. We have reason to celebrate without want or need or reminder of past set back!

Zechariah says: Thus saith the LORD of hosts; The fast of the fourth month, and the fast of the fifth, and the fast of the seventh, and the fast of the tenth, shall be to the house of Judah joy and gladness, and cheerful feasts; therefore love the truth and peace. Zec 8:19

No, tell us what happened?

I thought I might share this story just real quick.

My family and I took vacation and toured the Mpumalanga escarpment. On the Tuesday I met an elderly gentleman in the parking area at one of the well known tourist destinations close to the town of Graskop. As we engaged in conversation it turned out he was a Jehovah's Witness. As it is with all of those who subscribes to religious doctrine, he turned out to be very dedicated.

True to his mission he immediately started to evangelize me, explaining how that the Jehovah Witness's doctrine and their interpretation of their Bible was the only truth (going back to original translations and so on). Naturally he also explained to me how, according to them, Jesus Christ was the Son of God, but not God Himself. This should come as no surprise to those familiar with the religious beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Doctrine is doctrine

I happily let him explain away for a while. Then, experiencing a sense of urgency from the Holy Spirit, I stared explaining to him why Jesus Christ is indeed God Himself! 

I started off by explaining how that when Jesus was arrested He asked the Roman soldiers, Pharisees, priests and officers Who are you seeking? We all know the story. They answered Jesus of Nazareth (Incidentally, Nazareth means holy or set apart). I then explained the significance of Jesus's answer I AM

The answer is in His answer

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. Joh 18:6 

The power of the Word of God Himself! 


For the benefit of the elderly gentleman and going back to the original translation (of the old testament that the Jehovah's Witnesses so adore), I explained that Jesus spoke Hebrew when he answered the Hebrew Pharisees ... not Greek! 

What did Jesus say when He answered: "I AM"? 

In Hebrew He said היה or Ha-Yah. Just like in the word Yahveh (YHVH) - יהוה - Yahweh - YAH as in YAHweh! - the personal revealed, intimate Name of God Almighty - the same Name revealed to Moses in Exodus 3:14 when Yahveh Himself said: "haYah haYah".

The revelation is also in His name

The name of Jesus in Hebrew is Yah'shua. Translated it means Yah is Salvation. That is Yahveh (YHVH), or as the Jehovah's Witnesses should prefer, "Jehovah is salvation". 

So easy - Jesus is YHVH! Jesus is God! Yah'shua (יהושע) is Yahveh (יהוה) - see our post here for more.

No rocket scientist needed to figure that out!

There is always more to say once you get going

I was so fired up by the Spirit and wanted to explain more from other scriptures and revelations, but time didn't allow.

I have never seen a Jehovah's Witness so quiet.

I have known these glorious facts, but you know what? The Holy Spirit deeply touched me by this again throughout the entire week!

So, what's the significance to my holiday?

Interestingly,  the place where I witnessed to the elderly gentleman is known as

"GOD'S WINDOW"
Get Twitter Fan Box Widget
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/floatting-twitter-fan-box-for-blogger.html#sthash.RumcxfhG.dpuf