Friday 31 January 2020

Before time was ...

Sometimes it is amazing how that we skip over something just because we do not understand it or because we have been made to believe differently.

As modern people, we are schooled to think uni-literally (is there such a word?) for some reason. We are programmed like computers to believe that there is only one meaning to a word. After all, that's how programming works - constants and variables. But the variables are handled differently altogether until they produce a constant.

We forget how that through the ages, through circumstances and the traditions and customs of man, different meanings have been ascribed to the same word so that word today may not even mean the same as it did two hundred years ago.

The meaning of words changes over time

For instance, take the following words:

Nice: The word used to mean “stupid, foolish, simple, silly.” In those days this would not be a compliment to someone!

Fine: The word is from the French word, ''fin'' meaning to end. Today, it means something  is ''good or okay''

Merry: In the past, ''merry'' meant ''short.'' Would you use it in that sense today? 

Awful: The word used to mean “worthy of awe” such as in the expression “the awful majesty of God.” Today it means "dreadful, not good, bad"

There are many other examples of words that totally lost their original meaning.

But one Word always stays the same

The Word of God (Jesus) never changes. It (He) has always been Grace, now and before time was. He is always God, Good, True, the Way, Life, Light, the Rock ...

Jesus knew that the traditions of man would ascribe different meanings to the same word as time goes by. And He made provision for this. 

Jesus is an alias for many of God's truths ... and only One. Did you understand me?

Jesus (and scripture) refers to Himself all-through the Bible by using many names and pictures, prophecies and parables. We just need to focus. Behold and see ...

Behold and see

Remember our post on look and be saved?

All of the scripture is about the Word of God ...

Let me rephrase.

ALL OF THE BIBLE IS ABOUT JESUS and all of Jesus is about you.

When you read scripture, don't read yourself into it. See Jesus. Then you'll see you.

Give us a scripture

I'll expound in brackets ...

Look (pânâh - see here) unto me (Who? Jesus!), and be ye saved (yâsha‛ ... as in Yah'shua ... as in Jesus) , all the ends of the earth: for I am God (El, as in Elohim - God), and there is none else (No other God than the One Who saves - Jesus)

I have sworn by myself (not by your good works), the word (Jesus, see here and here)is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return (The Lord, our Righteousness, Jesus shall not return until ... read on ...), That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. 

Surely, shall one say, in the LORD (YHVH - The Hand by Grace nailed by Grace. see here.)have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed. 

In the LORD (YHVH) shall all the seed of Israel (everyone that prevails or receives, declare) be justified, and shall glory. Isa 45:22-25

Behold ...

Isn't is aweful?

What did Jesus say?

Search the scriptures;

for in them ye think ye have eternal life:

and they are they which testify of me.

And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 

I receive not honour from men. 

But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 

For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 

But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words? Joh 5:39-47

Behold ...
Get Twitter Fan Box Widget
- See more at: http://www.techtrickhome.com/2013/02/floatting-twitter-fan-box-for-blogger.html#sthash.RumcxfhG.dpuf